Call for Volunteers 2019
Project Manager for Nigeria in Diaspora Organisation (NIDO) Netherlands (Unpaid / Voluntary)
3 months (with the possibility of a three months extension)
Part-Time/Full-time (available to work 3-5 days a week. Hours are flexible and can work remotely)
Project Manager job description
As the project manager, you are expected to develop the ideas into a project proposal that is representable for potential partners and funding organisations. You will conduct field research to produce a business directory for Nigerian owned businesses and organisations in the Netherlands. The project manager will also assist in the execution of ongoing projects.
- Writing proposals and funding applications.
- Developing, designing and coordinating specific program activities
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop a detailed project plan and roadmap to track progress
- Collecting, complying and analyzing information relevant to the program
- Provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports.
- Ensures timely implementation, and monitors project activities
- Identifies resource development opportunities and supports the development of proposals
- Provides technical input to projects, including monitoring and evaluation
- Managing and supervising projects
- Engage project stakeholders as directed by NIDOE Board of Trustees and project team
Required skills and competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven knowledge of event planning and project management
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter
- Ability to prioritize work and work calmly under pressure and to be able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
- English (Knowledge of Dutch will be considered an added advantage)
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter explaining their interest and related previous experience and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application for Project Manager’ in the subject line. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information about us, please visit https://nidoe.nl/ . Feel free to contact us via email@example.com should you need more clarification about the position. Start date is as soon as possible!
- Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation (NIDO) is the official umbrella organisation facilitated by the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to represent the interests of all Nigerians in the Diaspora. It has the mission to facilitate and galvanise the human and economic resources of individual Nigerians and all Nigerian professional, business and community organisations in the Diaspora towards the national development of Nigeria.
- Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation-Europe-The Netherlands (NIDOE-NL) is the national Diasporan organisation for Nigerians in The Netherlands with the mandate to promote the welfare of the Nigerian Diaspora and pursue national development through advocacy, networking, partnerships, and bilateral cooperation.